shakendust said: Hi Hi!! I've been in a dark mood lately (in contrast to all your other requests) I was wondering if you had any angsty/moody Sterek fic recs? Something hurt/comfort-y (extra points if it's a werewolf slavery AU). You always have such amazing suggestions! <3 <3
- Cornerstone by Vendelin (E, 83k) Suffering from PTSD, ex-Marine Derek Hale moves back to Beacon Hills to open a bookshop and find a calmer life. That’s where he meets Stiles, completely by accident. Stiles is talkative, charming and curious. Somehow, despite the fact that he’s blind, he’s able to read Derek like no one else.
- Play Crack the Sky by Derbobbs (E, 100k, WIP) Excerpt from “Hale Pulls the Plug on the Future of Rock,” Rolling Stone, Issue 1203 – Oct. 2014 “Fans and music industry vets alike are left reeling in the wake of bassist Derek Hale’s sudden departure from Smokes for Harris. At a time when the foursome from Beacon Hills, California seems to be on the cusp of rock superstardom after just one double platinum record, Smokes has everything to lose.” Excerpt from “Smokes for Harris: Gladiator,” SPIN.com – Feb. 2015 “Smokes for Harris gives in a little to the pop punk of yesteryear in their sophomore effort, but rather than pandering to fans of a lost era they elevate the genre in a way that hasn’t been seen in quite some time. Frontman Stiles Stilinski works double duty as singer and primary songwriter and proves that he can handle the task even without former bassist Derek Hale.”
- Safety in Silence by Survivah (M, 67k) It’s perfectly understandable. Even Derek wouldn’t want to be Derek’s soulmate.
- Stand Fast in Your Enchantments by DevilDoll (E, 77k) "Stiles knew damn well what a pissed-off wolf sounded like, and every hair on the back of his neck was telling him that somewhere in this room was a very pissed-off werewolf." An AU in which Derek is feral, Stiles is magical, and they eat a lot of fast food.
- Yes is a World by jezziejay (M, 10k) When the nemeton casts a protection spell over Beacon Hills, Stiles can finally go to college. Derek thinks this might be a good thing. In which Stiles falls in love and Derek learns a lot.
- lodestone by llassah (T, 5k) “We could…we could be something, couldn’t we?” Stiles murmurs, eyes slipping shut. Derek looks at the IV line in his arm, the bandages covering his chest, his leg. His hand, pale against the hospital sheets, palm up. Derek waits until he’s sure Stiles is asleep before he responds. It takes Stiles eight years to ask the question again. It’s okay. Derek can wait.